Sunday 11 March 2012

Harrods (March) Glossybox Review


So the Harrods Edition Glossybox arrived yesterday, and as you might of seen in my last post I was really excited to get home to open it... I really liked the white box and the Harrods ribbon... so here is what was inside.

You also received a code for 20% off selected Harrods beauty products, which is GB9HXS0KP.

Molton Brown - Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath & Shower
Vitamin-rich fruit extracts boost the skin and invigorate the senses.
I know everyone raves about Molton Brown products but I'm really not that fussed, yeah this does smell nice but I prefer more fruity shower gels, I will probably end up giving this away if I'm honest.

YSL - Forever Youth Liberator Serum
A powerful serum enriched with 3 glycans to help increase youthful activity in skin cells.
I didn't really know what to make of this when I first saw it, but the more I looked at it I was quite impressed, the bottle is tiny but the product does go a long way, I was thinking about getting a serum for under my eyes (I'm getting paranoid about wrinkles!) so I am really pleased that I got this. Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it again as I expect it to be very expensive!

Burberry Beauty - Miniature Lip Mist Copper No. 202
With a balmy, lip-loving formula, Lip Mist offers sheer colour with an irresistible gloss shine.
I was soo excited when I saw this in the box, I love the packaging and how the Burberry stripes are on the lipstick! But I'm not crazy on the colour as it is very natural looking it would have been nice to have a more striking colour, and this lipstick definitely does not have an irresistible gloss shine, but it is moisturising. Overall I like it but mainly because of the novelty of having a Burberry lipstick even if it is tiny!

Clarins - Extra-firming Body Cream
A formula rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which immediately helps to lift and tone, for firmer skin and a younger looking body.
Another Clairns product... I wasn't too keen on the Clarins moisturisers in the February box and neither was Rachel who I gave them too, so I'm not too sure about this, I will give it a try but I'm not really excited about this product.

Narciso Rodriguez - For Her Eau De Parfum
For Her is Narciso Rodriguez's first fragrance. A tribute to Women's grace and power of inspiration.
I can't even tell you how disappointed I was to see a small perfume sample as one of the 5 products, I really don't like them, mainly because I am paying to receive quality samples so technically I have paid for this sample when I could have gone to Boots or John Lewis and asked for a FREE sample if I wanted to. Plus if they aren't the spray samples you end up spilling most of the perfume trying to get it open in the first place! 

Overall I am really disappointed with this Glossybox as there are only 2 products that I sort of like, I know that they can't cater for everyone, but I was disappointed and I'm not sure what about the box made it special to Harrods apart from the ribbon, I think I was expecting more. 
It has made me question whether I am actually getting value for money, as Glossybox does cost £12.95 each month, especially as me and Rachel went to Boots and got some really good free samples today of different foundations (post coming soon!) I may have been too hasty canceling my Joliebox subscription, I might cancel Glossybox and reactivate Joliebox or just stop getting beauty boxes all together.

So what do you think of the Harrods edition of Glossbox?

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...