Wednesday 25 April 2012

Evolve Daily Detox Face Wash

I was lucky enough to get this organic daily detox face wash free at work to try* normally £10.99 (more than I would personally spend on a face wash, but as it's organic and UK made I can understand the price) it's from Evolve an organic beauty brand for skincare and haircare, I'd never heard much about this brand before so was looking forward to testing it out. 

Evolve say... A delicately foaming facial wash to detoxify and rebalance normal to oily skin. Natural Sugars cleanse away impurities whilst African Moringa seed removes pollution. Organic Aloe Vera soothes and Goji berry protects against free radical damage. This effective organic wash leaves skin calm, soft and purified.

The great thing about this brand (other than the simple yet stylish packaging)  is that it is ecocert organic cosmetic certified;  the product is 99.6% natural, with a 100% recycled bottle, vegan and made in the UK, the face wash is also free from any nasty parabens, SLS/SLES and a whole load of nasty things including synthetic fragrances. So it's eco enough to make you feel good that you're doing your part!

I personally really liked this, it left my skin feeling really soft and cleaned within an inch of it's life, however the product is aimed at people with combination/oily skin so I felt that it stripped my skin of any much needed moisture and was too harsh for me, but it was brilliant at taking my make up off. So I decided to give this to Elaine to try.

Elaine: I really like the idea of this product but the first thing I noticed was the overpowering fragrance which I can only describe as a mix of floral and ginger... not really my kind of thing, I prefer my face products to have no scent at all. The face wash was brilliant at taking all of my make up off and left my face feeling really soft but I agree with Rachel that it felt harsh around my eye area and near my hair line where my skin is a bit dryer, so I don't think I would use this everyday.

The brand is really interesting though, we had a look on their website and they are offering 3 samples of your choice for a small delivery charge of £1.08, so it's worth a look to see if there is anything you are interested in, we ordered samples of their Gentle Cleansing Melt, Multi Peptide Double Cream and Perfect Radiance Facial Polish (hopefully these will be more suited to my skin type) They also have a really good info and tips section for people with sensitive skin which I think is well worth reading, you can see this here.

*I was given this to review by a colleague for work purposes and it's just a bonus that I can write a post about it. I am not in any way affiliated with the company.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...