Thursday 21 June 2012

Lush My Boy Lollipop Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review

Photo From Lush's website
I got this adorable Lush sugar lip scrub as a birthday present from Elaine. As you can see it’s a glass pot (quite large in size) filled with sugary, bright pink bubblegum goodness. I’ve been using it throughout June and I haven’t even made a dint in the pot (it has a use by date of 15/07/13) so here are my thoughts -

What Lush Say - The pink all things girly, bubblegum flavour lip scrub. Clears dead skin and flakiness from lips, leaving them moisturised and smooth. Our lip scrubs are made from castor sugar to act as a gentle scrub and jojoba oil to be wonderfully moisturising but light enough not to leave you feeling greasy.


Pros
The smell and look of this product is adorable, it instantly cheered my when I got it for my birthday. Also it really does work, I don’t take as much care as I should of my lips and therefore they are often dry but since I’ve been using this every day at work I have seen a huge improvement. It’s great to use under lipstick before applying balm to ensure your lips are in tip top condition so your lipstick lasts longer. And finally It’s also a yummy, sugary, bubblegum pick me up, you simply rub this product all over your lips then lick it off - YUM!

Cons
I know I shouldn’t have looked as it was a present but for the purpose of this blog I checked and it’s £4.95, for the amount of product you get I don’t think it’s too unreasonable but if you are on a tight budget it’s probably not a must have. it’s also worth noting that it is just sugar and additives (Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Methyl Lonone, Colour 45410, Colour 45380 to be exact)  so it’s very easy to make yourself.  I don’t personally find this a con but I know a lot of people won’t really like the strong bubblegum taste, they do sell chocolate varieties too if this isn’t for you. Personally I’d love to see them sell a sugary lemon one – would be a perfect Pancake day limited edition. Again I don’t find this a con but it is quite harsh so only use a little bit and don’t rub too hard! if you do find its too harsh you could always mix in a bit of moisturiser or other balm.

Will I Repurchase –
I will definitely be buying these for presents in the future, I think it makes a lovely gift and I will without doubt be buying this for friends birthdays. However I don’t think I will repurchase this for myself, as it’s just something that seems like it should be a present (if you know what I mean) so basically I would love to receive this as a present again HINT HINT although I think this one will last me ages! That being said I bet if I’m in Lush and see that they have released more flavours (fruity would be great) I won’t be able to help myself!

What do you think of the Lush lip scrubs? Which flavours would you like to see them release?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...