Monday 11 June 2012

TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo Review


I picked up this small bottle of TRESemmé Instant Refresh DryShampoo as I’d heard a lot of great things about it and although I’m a huge fan of Batiste I always feel like there must be something better out there. This was going to be a normal review but as I’m so addicted to Batiste its turned into something more of a comparison, anyway here are my thoughts -

Pros
I think the smell is far nicer than any of the Batiste scents (Tropical is my Batiste scent of choice) The TRESemmé shampoo has a lovely fresh citrus scent; which isn’t quite as overpowering, obvious or powdery as Batiste. I also found that TRESemmé’s a lot easier to rub in and not as noticeable than Batiste, when I use this I don’t feel as paranoid that I’ve missed a huge white area (this often happens to me with Batiste, my work colleagues enjoy pointing out the white bits). Finally and probably most importantly I found this really does make my hair feel fresh and gives me that just washed feeling, It’s great to make my hair more manageable for styling and is great for adding a tiny bit more volume.

Cons
I found that this wasn’t quite as strong as Batiste, my hair isn’t THAT greasy on day 2 when I’m usually in need but I felt I needed an awful lot more of TRESemmé to take away the oil, whereas with Batiste I only need one quick squirt. I therefore used a lot more product so the bottle of TRESemmé didn’t last very long at all, not great as it is more expensive than Batiste.

Will I repurchase?
Yes although not necessarily as a dry shampoo. I will still be buying Batiste as my normal dry shampoo (for no time to wash my hair days) but I am going to buy another bottle of TRESemmé, perhaps the Volumising Dry Shampoo to have around as more of a styling tool, just to freshen my hair up, add a bit of volume and to make my just washed hair more manageable for styling.

Currently the TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo
is £4.79 for 200ml at Boots or buy any 2 TRESemmé offer products for a £5, Bargain!

I’d love to know if you have any dry shampoo’s you can recommend?  & What’s your favourite Batiste scent?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...