Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks Review Shades 02 & 17


There have been quite a few posts in the past couple of weeks about Bourjois's new Rouge Edition lipsticks, and I know people are getting a bit bored by them, but after I tested them for myself I knew I wanted to add my thoughts. I nipped into Boots and they were on offer for buy one get one half price, I swatch shade 17 on my hand and really thought it was a pretty colour and found shade 02 as well to take advantage of the offer, they cost £7.99 each you can find them here, I think they are now on offer for £5.99 (Bargain!).

Firstly I wanted to mention I really love the packaging, the lipsticks look really sleek and high quality, I particularly liked the numbers at the bottom of the lipstick. On the concession stand they have also grouped the shades into categories, which is a bit gimicky but I like it!


I have really been enjoying using these lipsticks, they feel lovely and moisturising on my lips so they are really easy to wear especially as my lips are quite dry at the minute, Bourjois say that the lipsticks offer 10 hour hydration, I'm not sure I would agree with that claim but they feel lovely to wear. The colour lasts a good 3 - 4 hours on me, and most importantly they don't wear away leaving a horrible lip liner look!

I love shade 17 which I think is called Rouge Buzz, it's such a pretty rosy pink, when I apply the lipstick I like to blend it in a bit with my finger so it looks more of a stain, it really brightens up my makeup and is my spring/summer essential.

Shade 02, Beige Trench, is my ultimate nude lipstick, it's not too orangey and contains a hint of pink so it looks nice and natural.

I have been really impressed with these lipsticks and I can definitely see myself buying more from the range, I currently have my eye on shade 13!

Have you tried any of the lipsticks from Bourjois?

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. What great packaging - I love the look of the nude-ish shade :)
    Be great if you could check out my latest post: Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Review

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe quality looks amazing, they look super hydrating for drugstore lipsticks! x
    whatbuttonwrote.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shade 02, been thinking about getting it for a while now but it looks similar to a few other nudes I have! I did pick up #11 though - such a pretty coral shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caved and bought number 10 and number 2! LOVE IT
    http://18oakfield.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/a-buy-that-changed-my-life-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...