Sunday 22 September 2013

Bourjois Shine Edition Lipsticks Review Shades 21 & 25


Bourjois is a brand that I really struggle to get on with, especially their foundations as I have pale oily/combination skin, when I hear everyone raving about their products I always want to run out and buy it but my experience with their foundations always puts me off. That was until I tried their Rouge Edition lipsticks, which I absolutely adore (you can see my post here, I have gone on to buy a few more since then) so when I heard they were releasing a sheer range called shine edition I knew I would end up buying a couple and I did... 
It was pure will power and an unhealthy bank balance which has stopped my buying more!

The lipsticks cost £7.99, but they are currently on offer in Boots buy one get one half price. 


The shades in the tube look quite dark especially shade 25 but they are actually really vibrant colours, especially the red shade which is bright with a hint of orange to it. Shade 25 is more of a purple berry shade and definitely not at dark as it looks in the picture or tube, the colour can be built up nicely but not to the dark plum colour it shows at the bottom.

The swatches below show the colour pay off after one application and after
building up the colour.

L- R Shade 25 - Shade 21

I really love these lipsticks, I would say that the red shade is a lot less sheer than I expected and is in between the Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks (comparative swatches here) for colour pay off. Now the weather has turned a bit cooler I have been enjoying wearing the berry shade as an everyday colour, for an evening look I will also be wearing it on top of my Revlon Balm lipstain in Crush (post here) which I can sometimes find a bit drying, and I think they are a good colour match.

They tend to last about 2 hours and the glossy feeling tends to go within an hour but that is the same for nearly every sheer lipstick I have ever tried, although the red shade as it's more vibrant last the longest and even left a bit of a stain on my arm from the swatch.

If I didn't already have every lipstick shade I could ever need I would be straight out to get more of these, if you are a fan of sheer lipsticks I would definitely recommend giving these a go.

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. These look lovely. I've only every used their blushers I think - which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found your blog via #bbloggers chat :) following you on gfc & bloglovin! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look so good i love the packaging plus they look really pigmented
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...