Sunday 15 September 2013

GOSH CC Cream Review


Gosh are a brand that I have never taken much notice of before and I have often walked past the stand in Superdrug without even looking at it, but recently I have read more and more posts about how good the shade range at Gosh was for pale skintones, and when they released their CC cream I thought it was time to give them a try, it also helped that the CC cream was on offer too! The current price is £8.99.

I don't really get the whole BB or CC cream thing, I very much doubt the high street versions stick to the original versions from the Asian market, but I don't mind as long as they are good!

The Gosh CC cream is an illuminating foundation, which is oil free and contains SPF 10.



The CC cream has light coverage but you can easily build it up for a light to medium coverage but I don't think you could build it higher, the shade Ivory is a perfect match for my skintone and it's not the lightest (yay) and doesn't have any hint of orange (I'm looking at you Rimmel!). The CC cream gives a lovely natural radiance to my skin that doesn't look artificial and it leaves my skintone looking really even, I can hardly notice any red patches that I have. 
I do have oily skin so I find that after a few hours I do have shiny areas but for an illuminating foundation I think it copes pretty well with oily/combination skin, although I always use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder on top and when I remember I will use a primer too.

I have really enjoyed using this foundation and it is definitely my go to for the weekend or when I can get away with a light coverage, the only negative I have is the scent, I can't put my finger on what it is but it reminds me of burnt wood although when I asked my boyfriend what he thought it was he said it smelled like crayons, anyway if you are sensitive to fragrance I would just be aware of it I don't notice it after I have finished my makeup but I always notice it when I'm applying it.

I will definitely be paying more attention to Gosh products from now on.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...